Click here to complete an online membership application.
SEA Membership Benefits
- Become part of a vibrant community of like-minded individuals interested in advancing education in anesthesiology
- Access to a growing body of valuable “registered users only” material on the SEA website including:
- An extensive online learning portal with dozens of available topics on education theory and innovation
- Robust Milestones-related resources
- Multiple-Choice Question Bank for medical students
- Discounted registration at the SEA Annual Spring and Fall Meetings and Workshops on Teaching
- Peer coaching - confidential support, guidance and feedback to help build your teaching skills at SEA educational activities
- Opportunity to nominate candidates for the SEA/Duke Award
- Consultation in medical education research
- Concrete demonstration to your Chair, Dean and colleagues of your commitment to education
Membership Eligibility Requirements
||Any person with a medical degree (MD, DO, or equivalent degree) or student currently enrolled for a medical degree (MD, DO, or equivalent degree).
Active Members = $250 per calendar year
Resident/Fellows = $15 per calendar year
Medical Students = $15 per calendar year
|Any person without a medical degree that has a demonstrated interest in the education of physicians or medical students in anesthesiology. Associate members do not have voting rights in the association.
Associate Members = $250 per calendar year
||International membership is available to colleagues outside the United State and Canada.
International Members = $30 per calendar year (USD)
"A small, friendly society based on common interest. SEA is the only organization/meeting where I have made friends with whom I have kept in touch over the years."
"I enjoy SEA because of the educational expertise of anesthesiologists who share similar problems and different solutions. I love the camaraderie of physicians who are passionate about being better teachers of our field of medicine, while maintaining our clinical skills. I feel inspired after SEA meetings!!"
"I have remained a member of SEA because it provides a supportive environment of like-minded individuals (anesthesiologists interested in education, in giving back, and advancing their careers as educators and clinicians)."
"Learning how to become a better teacher/facilitator/giver of feedback because of our exposure to educational theories which most of us never received in medical school nor residency."
"Sharing ideas with other SEA members so I do not have to reinvent the wheel on such issues as residency accreditation process, curriculum design, management of the difficult resident or faculty."
"Demonstrating to my chairperson and other faculty within my department of my commitment to become a better instructor."
"I have been an active member of the SEA since 1999. I remember my first meeting very well. I joined a workshop on “improving your competency committee” and was thrilled to learn that other programs had similar problem to our own. I came back with references, good contacts and a game plan for what to do and we did indeed improve that committee. My notes from each SEA meeting are full of “great ideas” for trying out at home. My membership in SEA has helped me to advance my career in medical education by creating opportunities for scholarly exchange of information on teaching. In addition to helping with my teaching skills, I have had opportunities to submit abstracts, present posters, give presentations and workshops. These are all skills that are difficult to learn in education circles."
Reasons to Join SEA
- To keep personally informed about and learn new teaching techniques that are available to facilitate anesthesia education at all training levels: medical students, residents, fellows, and in continuing medical education.
- To network with other educators with similar ideas and exchange educational ideas and experiences.
- For mentorship opportunities; both to seek a mentor and to serve as a mentor in your educational specialty.
- Participation in the ongoing compilation of educational materials for utilization by other educators in anesthesia teaching experiences.
- For critique and revision of educational venues, simulation techniques, assessment modalities that you are developing.
- As a forum to introduce your trainees (medical students, residents, and fellows) to an international venue to propagate anesthesia education.
- To personally enhance and refine your development as an Anesthesiology educator.