Gain recognition for your achievements in anesthesiology education.
To promote the connection between education and superior patient care, the ASA-SEA Distinguished Educator in Anesthesiology award honors individuals who have made a significant contribution to the advancement and sharing of anesthesiology knowledge. Please nominate yourself for this joint American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and Society for Education in Anesthesia (SEA) award.
Recipients will receive a certificate, reserved seating and recognition at the ANESTHESIOLOGY annual meeting, and an announcement on the ASA and SEA websites.
BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION TODAY!
Acceptance and qualification criteria
To be considered for the ASA-SEA Distinguished Educator in Anesthesiology award, you should be:
- An early- to mid-career anesthesiologist
- An ASA or SEA member in good standing
- Able to provide reference letters from your chair or other institutional leader, as well as two colleagues or peers
Qualification will be based on:
- Local and national education and training involvement
- Scholarly publications, editorials and peer-review work
- Contributions to ASA or SEA education activities
- Demonstration of commitment to best practices, innovation and leadership
Nomination and award timing
Nominations are accepted year-round, with award recipients announced monthly. There is no cost to apply.
Please note that because this is a new award, qualification criteria will be finalized in the coming months. Any submissions not immediately awarded will remain open until the review criteria are complete.
START APPLICATION NOW