SEA 2020 Elections and Voting Procedures
Friday, July 31, 2020
Posted by: SEA Office
The SEA Nominating Committee (Chaired by Immediate Past-President Michael R. Sandison, MD) has identified the following candidates to run in this year’s election for the Society for Education in Anesthesia Board of Directors:
Vice President / President-Elect (One Position – Two Year Term)
Secretary (One Position – Two Year Term)
- Carol Ann B. Diachun, MD, MSEd
Treasurer (One Position – Two Year Term)
Director (Three Positions – Two Year Term)
- David Broussard, MD, MBA
- Herodotos Ellinas, MD, FAAP, FACP
- Tracey Straker, MD, MS, MPH, CBA
- Samuel D. Yanofsky, MD, MSEd
- David A. Young, MD, MEd, MBA
We strongly encourage all members to review their position statements posted here: https://www.seahq.org/page/20Elections
This election will be done using an electronic balloting process. The advantage of this method is everyone who is eligible to vote (not just the members attending the Fall Meeting), will be able to do so. THERE WILL BE NO VOTING AT THE FALL MEETING.
- On September 1, all active members eligible to vote (exceptions are associate, medical students, residents, emeritus and honorary members) will receive an email from Electionbuddy.com with your unique access key, which can only be used to vote once, and the link to submit your ballot.
- You may vote for up to three (3) Director candidates. Once you make your selection, you simply hit "Submit ballot" and your vote will be cast. You will receive an email from Electionbuddy that verifies you have voted.
- Elections will close on October 1. Within 7 day of the close of the election, the results will be certified by the Secretary and submitted to the Board of Directors.
- If you do not receive an email with your unique voter ID by Wednesday, September 4, please contact Andrew Bronson, CAE at the SEA Office for assistance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-389-8614).