2020 SEA-HVO Traveling Fellowships Awarded
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Posted by: SEA Global Outreach Committee
Health Volunteers Overseas (HVO), in collaboration with the Society for Education in Anesthesia (SEA), is pleased to share that ten anesthesia residents will receive a 2020 SEA-HVO Traveling Fellowship.
The 2020 SEA-HVO Traveling Fellowship recipients are:
- Christopher Busack, MD (Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans)
- Anna Frackman, MD (Stanford University, Stanford, CA)
- Kevin Maghami, MD (Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles)
- Harry Mai, MD (Rhode Island Hospital - Brown University, Providence, RI)
- Anisha Nadkarni, MD (Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore)
- Michael Ndukwe, MD (Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ)
- Totam Ngo, MD (Montefiore Medical Center, New York)
- Ayodeji Omosule, MBBS, MHA (Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit)
- Nina Patel, MD (University of Washington, Seattle)
- Dane Saksa, MD, MBA (University of California, Los Angeles)
The SEA-HVO Fellowship allows senior anesthesia residents the opportunity to improve anesthesia care in resource-scarce countries by teaching and mentoring their counterparts. The SEA-HVO Fellows witness a wide range of surgical pathologies and anesthetic techniques. They learn to communicate more effectively with people from different cultures and observe the realities and constraints of delivering health care in a resource-scarce environment. SEA-HVO Fellows serve as teachers of anesthesia and role models for anesthesia students at HVO project sites. They develop the knowledge, skills and passion necessary to become leaders in global health, contributing to safe anesthesia care around the world now and for years to come.
The SEA-HVO Traveling Fellowship would not be possible without the generous support of Dr. Jo Davies, Dr. Chris and Rebecca Dobson, Dr. Lena E. Dohlman, Dr. Lisa Feintech, the Henry Ford Health Systems, Dr. Gary E. Loyd, Dr. Carol Warfield, and SEA members.