Welcome to the Faculty Portal
Welcome to the Faculty Portal. The SEA website is designed to help the educator by providing tools for teaching, curriculum design as well as providing information about promotion. However, this site is in its infancy and we appreciate your patience as the Committee on Faculty Development under the leadership of Drs. Straker and Young develops this portal. If you would like to participate in developing materials please contact Dr. Tracey Straker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improve Your Teaching Skills
- SEA offers a community of educators with opportunities to do the following:
- Teaching tools
- Curriculum design: When designing a curriculum at your program, it is useful to take a look at what others are doing.
- Tech tools and the web made easy
- Peer coaching
- Educational materials (for registered users only)
Manage Your Academic Career
- Understanding advancement on a teaching track.
- Documenting your work.
- Publishing your work product.
- JEPM: The Journal of Education in Perioperative Medicine (JEPM) is the official electronic journal of the SEA. It publishes peer reviewed articles twice (sometimes three times) annually with sections featuring review articles, original articles, special articles, brief reports and letters. There is also a section specifically devoted to educational materials called the electronic education library (EEL). The EEL is a format where educators are encouraged to submit educational materials which they find to be helpful.
- Other education publications are listed on the Researcher Portal.
- Help with your job: Career tips from fellow academic educators.
- Profiles of careers in education.